HostMamma is a digital marketing agency dedicated to enpowering small, independent ventures. With customers worldwide, HostMamma is the place where people come to make their ideas tangile: get a domain name, build a professional website, attract customers and manage their work.
Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company visit www.HostMamma.com
Our vision at HostMamma is to provide the most complete and comprehensive online digital marketing solutions for our customers. In addition to these product and service goals, we have a focus on building one of the most unique and fulfilling workplaces that exist, by rethinking a lot of traditional practices. Find out how we approach work – read more on our career page.
HostMamma is looking for an experienced, talented email copywriting manager who is excellent at both writing and managing the writing of compelling, on-brand email copy that inspires. This is a working manager role, responsible for both team and individual output. The job reports to the Brand Writing Director.
The ideal candidate has a track record of successful email ideation, collaboration, and content execution, along with the ability to employ the perfect tone for audiences that range from techie to newbie. Experience working in cross-discipline (creative, marketing, product, operations). You’ll also have experience successfully managing and developing a team of writers. You must be comfortable setting, articulating, and driving email creative direction, and the end result should satisfy both brand and business requirements. Collaboration with both fellow brand creatives (designers, especially) and outside-the-team stakeholders is key, as is sharing work with your fellow writers.
- Write and edit on-brand copy for emails that speak to our customers and get them excited to take the next step in their journey with us
- Provide insightful email copywriting feedback that crystalizes and clarifies our writing philosophy and approach
- Write in our brand voice (human, friendly, clear) to create moments of clarity and delight and to inspire action
- Pick the perfect brand personality for a particular communication and execute it
- Interpret creative briefs, raise question when needed, and distill the information into top-notch writing
- Represent and articulate the goals of the email creative team with brand, marketing and operations partners
- Collaborate with designers to ensure content and visuals work in perfect harmony to communicate our message
- Collaborate with product managers, product marketing managers, and operations folks to ensure emails go out on time and on brand and fulfill both business and brand objectives
- Look at email from a strategic perspective; understand how it fits into and supports the larger customer journey
- Report relevant campaign results and messaging test findings to the larger email team to drive top-performing creative
- Guide the shape and direction of email creative in partnership with the UX Design manager
- Prioritize multiple projects and manage competing deadlines
- Distill oftentimes complex and technical concepts into concise, clear messaging that even the technology resistant among us understand
- Collaborate and build relationships; seek out opportunities to connect across the company and look for how to combine, align, and amplify efforts
- Share work across pods and articulate creative approach taken
- Share work with fellow brand creatives and other company writers, take critique in stride, and provide relevant feedback on others’ work
- Actively participate in the ideation phase of brainstorming, ensuring the best ideas bubble up
- Be comfortable having your writing subjected to testing and incorporating results into future efforts
- Maintain and refresh current best practices and methodologies and effectively communicate industry trends and techniques
- Write miscellaneous other copy – internal, recruiting, etc. – as needed
- 10+ years’ writing experience, including email writing that inspires action and achieves business objectives
- Experience managing writers and inspiring them to produce their best work – writing that satisfies both business and creative goals
- Excellent creativity in conceptualizing unique and memorable emails that strengthen our brand and advance our mission of helping people all over the world make their own way
- Excellent communication skills that win friends and influence people
- Ability to influence internal stakeholders by successfully articulating the brand creative vision and direction for particular emails and campaigns
- Ability to link creative to brand and product objectives
- Ability to consistently write in our brand voice (human, friendly, clear) while utilizing the right tone for the job
- Ability to mentor writers and assist in their career development
- Passion for creating superior customer experiences
HostMamma is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, medical condition, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. HostMamma will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need assistance completing an application for a position with us, please reach out to our Human Resources Department at email@example.com
To submit your application to this position, please Apply.
Job ID HM00516
Careers at HostMamma
At HostMamma, competitive benefits for full-time employees include:
>> Medical/Dental/Vision benefits
>> Flexible Spending Account
>> 401k Retirement Plan
>> 3 weeks of Paid Time Off (increases after 1 year)
>> Seven Paid holidays
>> Employee Assistance Program
>> Employer-paid Basic Life and AD&D (one times annual earnings up to $50,000)
>> Voluntary Benefits: Life and AD&D, STD, LTD, Accident and Critical Illness Insurance
Chase the big dreams.
Push past fear & doubt.
Our diverse employee population reflects the customers we serve. We support and celebrate everyone on our team through our Employee Resource Groups, open and inclusive to all.